Cruce Tectum

Cruce tectum, hidden under the cross, a blog for Epiphany Lutheran Church, Dorr, Michigan

Name:
Location: Moscow, Idaho

Thursday, February 05, 2009

The Wisdom of Shut-ins

I have always said that when I visit my shut-in members, I am strengthened as much as, if not more than, they are. Today is a case in point. Two shut-in visits to two very dear ladies, both strong Christians. Both ladies have borne heavy crosses and suffered great tragedies in their lives, some very recent. Yet both reminded me today, as they remind me every time I visit, that there is no need to worry, that it is senseless to complain, senseless to get angry or upset, for no matter how bad things get in our lives, the Lord takes care of us. It is a confession of faith, born of the school of experience, that all God's promises in Scripture are, in fact, true. These women are content. And as far as they are concerned, how could they be otherwise? All good comes from God. He always gives us what He, in His divine wisdom, knows we need. He never gives us more than we can bear. He is ever faithful. What a joy to ponder our Lord's Word and receive the Lord's Supper with these women today. May God grant us all a faith like theirs. This faith itself is His gift. All thanks and praise be to Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home