Cruce Tectum

Cruce tectum, hidden under the cross, a blog for Epiphany Lutheran Church, Dorr, Michigan

Name:
Location: Moscow, Idaho

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Confession and Absolution

From the North Prairie Pastor, http://northprairiepastor.wordpress.com/2008/08/27/fifteenth-sunday-after-pentecost/#more-172:

If Satan is after you particularly hard, if you can feel his breath as he roars his blasphemies in your ears, if you are falling under the weight of the world, if you wear your own flesh like a ball and chain, then come and compel me to give you the forgiveness of your Lord: “Pastor, please hear my confession and pronounce forgiveness in order to fulfill God’s will…I, a poor sinner, plead guilty of all sins. I have lived as if God did not matter and as if I mattered most. My Lord’s name I have not honored as I should; my worship and my prayers have faltered. I have not let His love have its way with me, and so my love for others has failed. There are those whom I have hurt, and those whom I have failed to help. My thoughts and desires have been soiled with sin” (LSB 292). This is the constant confession of the members of Christ’s Body. Remember, to confess means “to say the same.” To confess your sin is to say the same thing that God says about it: that it is damnable and that it has separated you from God and from your neighbor. And I, as your pastor, confess to you what God says about you in Jesus Christ: “In the stead and by the command of my Lord Jesus Christ I forgive you all your sins in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Go in peace” (LSB 293).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home